3776 "To Beautiful Me" Lyrics Unofficial Translation


This is the log of the wiki(https://seesaawiki.jp/almanac/d/To_Beautiful_Me) 

To Beautiful Me / キレイな、私に Kirei na, Watashi ni 

This song was written and composed by Sorawo Amano, a pen name Akira Ishida had used on the internet before he started to produce the idol unit "Team MII", the precursor of 3776.
He left four songs on this page*1 and this song "Kirei na , Watashi ni" is by far the best song, I suppose. I really love this song and it was a big suprise when Chiyono suddenly started to sing this on the debut stage of 3776 Season#4(May 3, 2017). That moment was one of the most amazing moment of my 3776 experience, knowing Mr Ishida's rough period before Team MII (You can read that here and here)

Namba(Interviewer): ...And then, after you leave the theater company, you go into a white-collar career, right?
Ishida: I joined a sort of electronics company, and that's where I learned to use the computer. I decided to quit music completely.(...) I was even engaged in farming.
Namba: Farming! Throwing everything (about your music career?)...
Ishida: Yes. But that that farming career also wrecked. I started doing it as a "live-in" job, but after two or three months I realized that it wasn't for me (laughs). I was in my late 30s, I guess. (...) It was such a waste of time, and I wished I hadn't done it. There was even a time after that when I decided to get married and settle down. That was the worst part of my life. I don't even want to remember it.
Namba: Ha-ha! You think that the time when you tried to settle down was the worst.
Ishida: My friends who knew me at that time say that my eyes were dead back then. *2

(Underline added by me)

Knowing this, and this song was created around May 2010 (I think it overlaps with his dead-eyed period), this very romantic poem and melody are almost painful. I, when I listened in Fujinomiya to Chiyono singing this song for the first time, I felt the pain of his on those days was rescued and sublimed (after the success as the 3776 producer, and being played in a 3776 concert.) I am glad this song was recorded with Chiyono's vocal:

https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/395056 Track6 is the song. Would you please purchase it?


Original (By Hatsune Miku, a vocaloid):

By Chiyono:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSZaDQ_WhNk&featur...
To Beautiful Me キレイな、私に Kirei na, Watashi ni
It’s May, a mildly warm wind flows*3 5月 人肌の風 5 gatsu hito hada no kaze
I put out a dress yesterday. 昨日出したワンピース Kinou dashita one piece
Waves of heat are shimmering from the pavement of the dazzling North Street. 揺れる路面眩しい北通り Yureru romen mabushii kita doori
Through my narrowed eyes a splash of water still shining 細めた目になお光る水しぶき Hosome ta me ni nao hikaru mizu shibuki
Fragrant, seasons change. 薫る 季節また変わる Kaoru kisetsu mata kawaru
I want to think of you for a while. 私 あなたのことを しばらく Watashi anata no kotowo shibaraku
For a little while longer, I want to love you. もうしばらく 好きでいたいな Mou shibaraku suki de itai na
I will be far away from you for a while. 離れています しばらく Hanare te imasu shibaraku
For a little while longer, until my lie もうしばらく 私の嘘が Mou shibaraku watashi no uso ga
becomes fainter and fainter, 薄く薄くなるまで Usuku usuku naru made
until my lie is transfigured. 清く清くなるまで Kiyoku kiyoku naru made
On days when I have time, I take a detour. 時間ある日は遠回り Jikan aru hi wa toomawari
Streets that should be the same as usual. 同じはずのストリート Onaji hazu no street
People skateboarding I have ignored so far, 今まで素通りだったスケボー Ima made sudoori data sukeboo
It looked interesting to me today.*4 今日は面白そうだって思った Kyou wa omoshiro sou da tte omotta
I took off my heavy black jacket. 重い黒の上着脱いだ Omoi kuro no uwagi nuida
I want to think of you for a while. 私 あなたのことを しばらく Watashi anata no koto wo shibaraku
For a little while longer, I want to love you. もうしばらく 好きでいたいの Mou shibaraku suki de itaino
I care about you. あなたのことが 気になる Anatano koto ga kini naru
I love you all the more, every time the masks I wear*5 are また好きになる 私の仮面が Mata suki ni naru watashi no kamenga
Pulled off one by one, 一つ剥がれてゆくたびに Hitotsu hagare te yuku tabi ni
Pulled off one by one. 一つ剥がれてゆくたびに Hitotsu hagare te yuku tabi ni

Popular posts from this blog

3776 "Saijiki" Lyrics Unofficial Translation

"If There Were to Be a Reason Not to Listen to 3776" Lyrics Unofficial Translation

Ide Chiyono from 3776 "The High School Life Of Mine" Lyrics Unofficial Translation